Investor Meetings Programme 2023 Guide and FAQs – For Investors
The Investor Meetings Programme is Investor-driven, meaning - Investors are the ones who initiate meetings with startups that match their investment criteria/mandate and Investors based on their fund type and if they are looking to raise.
SUMMARY OF MEETING TYPES:
- Concierge meeting managers shortlist startups for you to meet based on the criteria you have shared as an Investor on the onboarding form.
- A link of the shortlisted startups will be shared for your review. The link can be viewed by logging into the GITEX Plus app.
- Concierge meeting managers will proceed to set up meetings between yourself and the shortlisted startups. The team will be setting up a minimum of 20 meetings throughout the 4 days of Expand North Star (October 15-18th @ Dubai Harbour) and/or Future Urbanism Expo (October 16-20th @ Dubai World Trade Centre).
- If you come across exhibiting startups that are not included in the shortlisted startups shared by the concierge meeting manager, but you would like to connect, you can favorite these additional startups using the same link and request the concierge meeting manager to schedule meetings with these startups as well.
- Concierge meeting managers share a link of participating investors for your review. The link can be viewed by logging into the GITEX Plus app.
- You will have to favorite the investors you would like to meet and inform the concierge meeting manager to request meetings with these investors.
- Confirmed meetings are subject to confirmation from the other party.
To take part in the Investor Meetings Programme, you firstly must be a vetted Participating Investor at Gitex Impact or Future Urbanism Expo. You will receive an onboarding form to fill out from the Investor Relations team which includes all necessary details and questions the Meetings Concierge team will need to do the matchmaking and scheduling of meetings.
Please complete and submit your responses within 2 days of receiving the onboarding form.
As an initial filter, Startups who have chosen that they would like to meet with an Investor and are looking to fundraise are identified by the Concierge Meeting Managers.
Startups are further matched based on their responses to similar questions asked to Investors. The responses on each side (Startup and Investor) are used for matchmaking.
When your matches are ready, you will receive a link to favorite startups of your choice by your Concierge Meeting Manager. The link can be viewed by logging into the GITEX app. The Concierge Team will start setting up meetings based on the preferred days you are attending the show.
Meeting timings will be confirmed and you will receive a confirmation email with the details of the meeting. You will continue to receive reminders ahead of the meeting.
Concierge meeting managers share a link of participating investors for your review. The link can be viewed by logging into the GITEX app. You will have to favorite the investors you would like to meet and inform the concierge meeting manager to request meetings with these investors.
When a meeting is set up and confirmed by both parties, you will receive an email. To view all confirmed meetings, you can log into the GITEX app and view in “My Schedule’ Section.
Each meeting will be standard 20 minutes long with a 10-minute buffer between meetings.
Confirmed Investor meetings will take place in the Expand North Star Investor Lounge in Hall 6 @ Dubai Harbour OR theGITEX Impact Lounge in Hall 27 @ Dubai World Trade Centre. Your meeting location & table numbers will appear in the ‘My Schedule’ section of the GITEX plus app.
Once you arrive at the Investor Lounge, a concierge team member will check you in and guide you to your meeting table.
Be sure to exchange contact details! You can follow up after the event, or re-connect later. Please suggest any other potential connections in your network with the person you are meeting if it can help their business. Please note, the GITEX Global team does not follow up with other parties on your behalf after your meetings.
The Concierge Meeting team will be putting full effort in scheduling as many meetings as possible. However, meetings are subject to confirmation from all parties.
If the other party has re-scheduled, cancelled, or missed any meetings, you will receive an email notifying you:
- Meeting Rescheduled – You will have to accept the meeting if the time slot suits you (action required by the Investor)
- Meeting Cancelled – Concierge Team will try to re-schedule however this is subject to confirmation from the other party.
- Meeting Missed – If there are missed meetings on-site at the confirmed time of your meeting, a Concierge team on-ground will assist in cancelling or re-scheduling the meeting.
If you would like to re-schedule or cancel a meeting, you can log into the GITEX app, then click on “My Schedule’ section to view all meetings and perform any of the above actions from your end.
You do not have to wait for a meeting to be scheduled for you!
- Log in to the GITEX app to search and review profiles of all types of companies and request to connect directly
- You can also network on-site as all participating Exhibitors will have a stand.
- For Investors, you will have access to the Investor Lounge all day where you can network as well.
- You can also meet Attendees at evening and side events of the week.
Your dedicated concierge meeting manager will be constantly in touch with you until the show to set up meetings. You will have their personal email and contact details to reach in case you need any assistance.